Six colleges and universities in the Synod of the Trinity region have Presbyterian affiliations and receive financial support from the Synod. While some of the Synod’s monies are placed in scholarship funds, the institutions can choose exactly how the money is used.
- Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
- Davis & Elkins College, Elkins, WV
- Grove City College, Grove City, PA
- Waynesburg University, Waynesburg, PA
- Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
- Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA
Synod funds are also given to several other colleges and universities within our bounds to support Campus Ministries. In some cases, the funds go toward the salaries of the college chaplains and help cover programming costs.
- Bloomsburg University (Protestant Campus Ministry)
- California University of PA (United Campus Ministry)
- Lock Haven University (Protestant Campus Ministry)
- Mansfield University (Protestant Campus Ministry)
- Millersville University (United Campus Ministry)
- Penn College (United Campus Ministry)
- Penn State Behrend (Protestant Campus Ministry)
- Penn State Eberly/Fayette (Protestant Campus Ministry)
- Penn State University (Westminster Presbyterian Fellowship)
- Shippensburg University (United Campus Ministry)
In West Virginia, the Westminster Foundation supports several universities in the state. The Synod provides funds to the Foundation, which in turn passes them on to those schools’ Campus Ministries.
- Davis & Elkins College
- Fairmont State University
- Marshall University
- Pierpont Community and Technical College
- Shepherd University
- West Liberty University
- West Virginia University
To read more about what is being done in these institutions, click here.