This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 6-8 – Singing for Our Lives: A Women’s Singing Event, Kirkridge Retreat Center, Bangor, PA
April 13 – Sacred Activism, Kirkridge Retreat Center, Bangor, PA
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
March 23: The Uneasy Task of Forgiveness: Biblical and Psychological Views
April 12: Missional Engagement
April 12: Re-examining the Importance of Wesleyan Anthropology for Racial Conversations
April 18: Genetic Engineering: Hubris, Human’s Destiny, or Ethical Obligation?
April 25: Creating Communities of Spiritual Activism, or, If I Were 26, What Kind of Church Would I Plant?
April 25: How Our Churches Can Help Heal a Divided America
May 1-2: Race, Gender & the Imago Dei, 2018 Schaff Lecture with Chanequa Walker-Barnes
May 18-19: Writing the Spiritual Life with Roger Owens & Renee Prymus
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
- June 4-Aug. 24: Christian Leadership Program for Commissioned Ruling Elders (online course)
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Presbyterian Polity
- Reformed Theology
- Master of Arts in Christian Leadership
- New, online degree. Contact Kimberly Burnett-Hackbarth, Direction of Admissions, at (563) 589-3405 or email@example.com.
Princeton Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
- April 12-14: (Re)Planting Missional Churches: The Theological Dimensions of Why
- April 24-27: Forum on Youth Ministry
- May 8-9: Women’s Voices Workshop
- June 5-8: Frederick Buechner Writer’s Workshop
- June 10-15: Engle Institute of Preaching
- June 21-23: Barth Pastors Conference
Union Presbyterian Seminary, Richmond, VA (full schedule here)
- April 16-May 14 – Online Course, Biblical Interpretation, Leadership Institute at Union Presbyterian Seminary, Richmond, VA
- April 10 – May 8: Mission and Evangelism – Led by Dr. John Vest (Tuesdays)
- April 12 – May 10: Preaching the Bible – Led by Dr. Richard Voelz (Thursdays)
- May 24 – June 21: Parables of Jesus – Led by Dr. John Carroll (Thursdays)
- April 16-May 14 (at home and online) and May 15-17 in Richmond: Biblical Interpretation – this hybrid course meets the requirements for Christian Educator certification in the PC(USA), but is open to anyone who would like to learn more – $295 includes lunch on May 16.
- July 24-Aug. 2: Church Business Administrators seminars – Open to anyone, but will meet the requirements for certification through The Church Network. $670 for both weeks, $335 for one week, $100 for individual seminars. Costs include lunch. We will also offer the four required CEU classes (IT Basics, IT Trends, Theology and Ethics of Church Administration, and Self-Care for Church Administrators) on Saturday, July 28, for $100 for all four.