This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at email@example.com.
PRESBYTERY OF LACKAWANNA
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
Lancaster Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC (events list here)
- Jan. 27, Feb. 3, Feb. 10: Pastoral Ministry Series. This annual three-part series is designed for those serving in congregational ministry. Topics for this year include World Christianity, Ethical Leadership and Worshiping in Unity/Adorado en Unidad.
- Jan. 28-April 28: Regional Auditing Program. Come to campus to audit selected seminary courses for a full semester. Offered to area pastors, church leaders and community members 18 years and older to come and explore a wide variety of course offerings.
- Feb. 5-25: Being Christian and a Leader in an Election Year. This three-week online course identifies our American Christian predicament and builds new ways of engaging constructively across our differences to bridge the divides in our communities and churches.
- Feb. 27-29: StoryLab: Storytelling for Congregations. Learn to tell the story of your life, to connect it with God’s story, and welcome others to do the same. Under the guidance of master storyteller Mark Yaconelli, StoryLab participants will encounter the power of personal narratives for spiritual growth, outreach and ministry.
- March 23: Theological Education in Prisons: The Incarceration Crisis and the Church. This one-day conference seeks to identify and learn from current approaches to theological education in prisons. We invite a call for papers from scholars and practitioners from a broad array of disciplines and extended abstracts that address the church’s role at the intersection of incarceration, theological education, community and faith formation.
- April 29-May 2: The Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry. This event for pastors, Christian educators, youth ministers and ministry volunteers for formal lectures engages emerging scholarship in practical theology, extended seminars and cohorts for in-depth study relating theology and youth ministry, electives on specialized subjects, and reflection and worship with colleagues. Enrollment is limited this year; please register early.