This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESBYTERY OF LACKAWANNA
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
- Sept. 11-12: Allies in Faith: Encouraging Hospitality to Immigrants. Join the seminary and Christian Associates of Southwest PA for a two-day learning experience for clergy and religious leaders.
- Sept. 23-Oct. 18: Successful Strategic Planning and Implementation for Churches. This course will help participants understand the ways your church’s or organization’s culture deeply influences planning success or failure.
- Jan. 6-Feb. 9, 2020: Spiritual Writing. This class will ask what, if anything, can make nonfiction writing “spiritual.”
- March 9-April 3, 2020: Collective Decision Making: Beyond Robert’s Rules. In this course, students will learn decision methods that are at the same time slower and wiser, respectful and goal-oriented.
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
Lancaster Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC (events list here)
- Oct. 7-10: CoInspire. A conference addressing systemic racism in the church, with preacher Traci Blackmon and key leaders Lis Valle-Ruiz, Raj Nadella and Jennifer Harvey. Cost is $322.50-$650, group rate available; rates rise by $75 after Aug. 26.
- Master of Arts in Christian Leadership
- New, online degree. Contact Kimberly Burnett-Hackbarth, Direction of Admissions, at (563) 589-3405 or email@example.com.
- Preparing Faithful Leaders
- The online Christian Leadership Program nurtures the gifts of Christian leaders to build up the ministry of the local church.
Princeton Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
- Sept. 24-27: Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising. This four-day intensive program is designed to train and help leaders to meet the growing needs in religious communities and fundraisers of faith-based organizations. The focus of the ECRF is on the cultural, organizational and philanthropic practices unique to religious institutions that promotes the joy of generous giving.
- Oct. 7-11: The Art of Transitional Ministry. This weeklong program for pastors offers training in the skills and understanding necessary for leading congregations in transition.
- Oct. 23-25: The 2019 Women in Ministry Conference. Join with other women church leaders leaders, clergy and lay, for the 2019 Women in Ministry Conference. Strengthen your skills for ministry through keynote presentations, sermons, informal discussions and workshops.
Union Presbyterian Seminary, Richmond, VA (full schedule here)
- Sept. 28: Seminary for a Day. Seminary for a Day consists of a full day of keynote addresses and workshops, connections with old friends and new, and a taste of what seminary education is like.
Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, GA (full schedule here)
- Sept. 19-22: Spiritual Direction: An Introduction. This course introduces the ancient Christian practice of spiritual guidance.
- Nov. 11-13 and March 16-18 (2020). Leadership in Ministry Atlanta. The Leadership in Ministry Workshops are on-going, twice-a-year peer-based clergy leadership development programs meeting at the Center for Lifelong Learning.
- April 21-24, 2020. The Disciple-Making Church: To Grow the Future We Visit the Past. This model of Congregational formation will be explored and extended in the Thompson Scholars Cohort to include more liberating models of a disciple-making church.