This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESBYTERY OF LACKAWANNA
- Fall of 2018: Retooled curriculum for theologically reflective and contextually engaged ministry in the way of Jesus. More here.
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
Lancaster Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC
- Sept. 13-Oct. 18 (Thursday evenings): Wine and the Bible: Explore the history of wine (and wine production) in the ancient Levant and its place in the literature of the Bible
- Oct. 4-5: The Confirmation Conference: How do young people cultivate faith?
- Oct. 8-12: The Art of Transitional Ministry: Study two paths for leaders facing transition, whether a change of leadership, neighborhood or congregation
- Oct. 24-26: A House United: A two-day intensive program exploring how to bring unity to a church and community with diverse politics.
- Summer 2018 (apply by May 21): Certificate of Theology and Ministry (more information available here)
- Fall 2018: Certificate in Theology & Ministry + Inside — Prison Ministry Reimagined. This 14- week program consists of incarcerated and regional community members learning with and from one another.
- July 24-Aug. 2: Church Business Administrators seminars – Open to anyone, but will meet the requirements for certification through The Church Network. $670 for both weeks, $335 for one week, $100 for individual seminars. Costs include lunch. We will also offer the four required CEU classes (IT Basics, IT Trends, Theology and Ethics of Church Administration, and Self-Care for Church Administrators) on Saturday, July 28, for $100 for all four.