Spring Regional Connection Gatherings for Partnership and Networking
As we have walked with you and listened to you during the past year, we have heard that living with a posture of hope is not always easy. We have heard a yearning for new insights and new eyesight, rooted in the One who is Life.
In partnership with our 300th Anniversary Year, the Synod of the Trinity has claimed the theme of “Revealing Hope” to be one of our emphases. In light of that, we invite you to join us this spring at our annual Regional Gatherings for Partnership and Networking, designed this year to help us refocus a life-walk that reflects hope and resurrection, and meet others with whom we can continue the journey. Morning targeted conversation groups will be offered around topics such as:
Targeted Conversation Topics Being Considered
- Advocacy and the Holy Spirit
- Discovering and Telling Our Story
- Life-Giving Postures for Small Congregations
- Partnering Faithfully with the Community
After lunch we will share in an all-group worship/conversation experience that will challenge and charge us to consider various answers to the question of how we live faithfully and “responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural and social relationships of life.”*
We are people of the resurrection. We claim faith in a risen Christ, and trust in the hope of new life — in this world and the next.
How does that hope affect the way that we experience the world and live in it — the way that we engage it and move on to talk about our lives?
A final list of topics and registration information will be available by mid-March. Please see regional dates below.
*Taken from the Ministry of Members (G-1.0304) section of Book of Order
When and Where
Note: Presbytery assignments are only suggestions based on location.
If it suits you better to attend a different region you are welcome to do so.
Due to a conflict with graduation ceremonies at West Virginia University, the dates for the first leg of the Regional Gatherings have been switched. Below are the updated dates and locations.
Southwest Region – Thursday, May 11
- Presbyteries: Pittsburgh, Redstone, Upper Ohio Valley, Washington, West Virginia
- Location: First Presbyterian Church of Morgantown, Morgantown, WV
Northwest Region – Friday, May 12
- Presbyteries: Beaver-Butler, Kiskiminetas, Lake Erie, Shenango
- Location: Crestfield Camp & Conference Center, Slippery Rock, PA
Central Region – Thursday, May 18
- Presbyteries: Carlisle, Huntingdon and Northumberland
- Location: Krislund Camp & Conference Center, Madisonburg, PA
Eastern Region – Friday, May 19
- Presbyteries: Donegal, Lackawanna, Lehigh and Philadelphia
- Location: First Presbyterian Church of Allentown, Allentown, PA
- 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For a downloadable pdf version of this information, click here.