This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 25, 2023: Looking Forward: Church, Hope, and the Future of Congregations. Dr. Will Willimon will present the Henderson Lecture on Church and Ministry, “Hope for the Many Churches Where Few Are Gathered,” at 7 p.m. in person and online.
- Hybrid Degree Programs: Beginning in fall 2023, Pittsburgh Seminary will offer all its masters and certificate programs in a hybrid format — allowing PTS to be your neighborhood seminary regardless of your neighborhood location. The Seminary’s hybrid model allows students living on campus and students living at a distance to be part of one community of learning and formation. Click here to learn more about these programs.
- Recordings available: World Mission Initiative Month of Mission Series. “Jesus Christ and the ‘Dividing Wall:’ Race and God’s Mission” will help churches find resources on how to have deep conversations on race.
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
Lancaster Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC (events list here)
- Preparing Faithful Leaders
- The online Christian Leadership Program nurtures the gifts of Christian leaders to build up the ministry of the local church.
- Best Practices to Support End-Of-Life Care. This moderated panel discussion will provide information and insights for chaplains, clergy and religious leaders to understand how their role as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team can assist patients with medical decision-making and advance care planning.
- Conversations with Christian Leaders on the COVID-19 Crisis
- Being Church in the Time of COVID-19