This page lists continuing education opportunities that are available around the Synod of the Trinity region and neighboring areas. If you would like something added to the list, contact Mike Givler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESBYTERY OF LACKAWANNA
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
- Recordings available: World Mission Initiative Month of Mission Series. “Jesus Christ and the ‘Dividing Wall:’ Race and God’s Mission” will help churches find resources on how to have deep conversations on race.
PRESBYTERY OF SHENANGO
Lancaster Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
Montreat Conference Center, Montreat, NC (events list here)
- Preparing Faithful Leaders
- The online Christian Leadership Program nurtures the gifts of Christian leaders to build up the ministry of the local church.
Princeton Theological Seminary (full schedule here)
- May 20: A Child Shall Lead Us: Preventing Domestic Violent Extremism Through Youth and Congregations. Explore how to walk alongside young people to promote the mutuality and empathy we see modeled in the life of Jesus.
- Best Practices to Support End-Of-Life Care. This moderated panel discussion will provide information and insights for chaplains, clergy and religious leaders to understand how their role as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team can assist patients with medical decision-making and advance care planning.
- Conversations with Christian Leaders on the COVID-19 Crisis
- Being Church in the Time of COVID-19
Union Presbyterian Seminary, Richmond, VA (full schedule here)
- Tuesdays (May 11-June 1): The Basics of Digital Church Communication, 10-11:15 a.m. This four-part course is designed for church leaders — from pastors to communications managers — to learn to navigate the complexities of digital church communication more easily and effectively.